Summer Art Camps with Monica Ashley Designs
Monica Ashley invites your child (ages 7 - 10) to a creative art camp in her downtown Sebastopol studio. Monica offers children five week-long sessions (Monday – Thursdays) featuring enchanting themes such as “Under the Sea” or “Dragons and Fairytales.” The camp captivates children on many creative levels through weaving stories, crafting with natural materials such as glass or wool, and spending ample time outdoors.
Find out more about the magic in store for your child here:
“Straw into Gold” June 27-June 30
- * golden treasure box making
- * drop spindle, spin into yarn
- * hand dying wool
- * riddles and tongue twisters
- * Rumpelskiltskin play on Thursday
“Under the Sea” July 4-July 7
- Register now – space is almost full for this session!
- * make mermaid or pirate pouch
- * paint magical sea treasure boxes
- * wet and needle felt sea creatures
- * make a sea terrarium with plants
- * treasure hunt on Thursday
“Fairies, Gnomes and Elves” July 11-14
- * create a gnome doll or fairy with recycled fabric
- * build a magical fairy woodland
- * create wee folk fairies and a gnome
- * make beaded fairy necklaces
- * fairy and elves tea party on Thursday
“Jungle Puppetry” July 18-21
- * create animal puppets
- * make a jungle book or journal
- * wet felt an animal scene wallhanging
- * jungle jewelry
- * jungle safari hunt on Thursday
“Dragons and Fairytales” August 1-4
Register now – space is almost full for this session!
* make a silk marionette puppet
- * felt a dragon
- * wooden castle decorating with jewels
- * create a magical story book or journal
- * fairytale puppetshow on Thursday
Hurry to reserve your child’s spot!
Ages: Camp ages for children 7 to 10.
Hours: 8:30am-2:00 pm
Location: Monica’s studio downtown Sebastopol
Registration: Download the Registration Form here.
More Information: Call Monica Ashley-Najmabadi at 707 236-2829 with any questions.
Fees and Extended Care
*A $90.00 deposit per session, is due at registration.
Extended day hours 2:00p.m.-4:30p.m.
Meet Your Teacher: Monica Ashley
Monica Ashley is a fiber artist and mother of three. Monica revels in passing along the delight of designing with wool, and offers classes (complete with supplies) to both children and adults through her studio and local crafting stores such as Cast Away yarn shop.
Many local families know Monica through her involvement in the Waldorf community where she has served as a homeschool teacher, tutor, and handwork skills instructor. “Monica is an incredibly patient and thorough teacher. She is gentle and encouraging – just what I needed!” shares Annalyce La Source.